The Golden Glass Orb Hunt is happening again this year and it is more difficult! During the month of October, Visit Golden will place an orb somewhere in the city each day for thirty-one days and two orbs a day on Saturdays and Sundays. A local artisan, Brad Bedillion, handcrafted these one-of-a-kind glass orbs to find and keep.
Each orb is marked with a special tag and instructions for entering to win the Grand Prize; a one-night stay at the Dove Inn, a $50 gift card to a Golden restaurant and a membership to Foothills Art Center.
THE HUNT TIME FRAME
October 1, 2018 – October 31, 2018
Starting on October 1, 2018, an orb will be placed somewhere in Golden city limits each day for thirty-one days and two orbs a day on Saturdays and Sundays. Placement will happen at random times each day. Visit Golden and Foothills Art Center will post clues on Twitter and Instagram Stories one day after an orb has been placed if it has not yet been found. Make sure you follow us on @visitgoldenco and @foothillsartcenter so you can keep up with the latest updates.
- Orbs can be found anywhere within golden city limits that is a public area, you can view the map here: http://maps.cityofgolden.net/ (the city is highlighted in purple). You won’t find them on private property, a driving range, in the creek, the middle of an established trail, and other places that would be unsafe for hunters.
- Orbs are free if you find them.
- One orb per person – if you have already found an orb during the hunt please leave the remainder of the orbs for others to find and enjoy.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL HUNT
- We want these orbs to be found so follow Visit Golden on Twitter and Instagram for possible clues on orb locations.
- Orbs are placed outdoors rain, snow or shine.
- We will not always know when orbs have been found since it is up to the "finder" to share that they have discovered it, so keep hunting!
SHARE PHOTOS OF YOUR FIND TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE
If you find an orb be sure to show it off! Snap a picture of the treasure and where you found it and share it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #goldenglassorbhunt. This will also enter you to win the grand prize package. Or you can bring your orb into Foothills Art Center to enter to win as well. Foothills Art Center is open Mondays – Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Sundays: 12:00 – 5:00 PM.
THE 2018 GLASS ORB ARTIST
Brad Bedillion, Through the Looking Glass Studio - Firestone, CO
Known for his free-flowing, non-technical approach, Brad loves the collaboration between him and the glass. He doesn’t fight it. It’s about the energy and the flow and that’s apparent in the work he produces. And not only does he enjoy the process he also enjoys sharing that process with others, working with charities and organizations that bring art to children. Because in the end, art is about the connection, the emotion it brings out in you.