The Golden Glass Orb Hunt is happening again this year! During the month of October, Visit Golden will place an orb somewhere in the city each day for thirty-one days and two orbs a day on Saturdays and Sundays. A local artisan, Brad Bedillion, handcrafted these one-of-a-kind glass orbs to find and keep.
Each orb is marked with a special tag and instructions for entering to win an even greater prize at the Foothills Art Center. Foothills Art Center is open Mondays – Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Sundays: 12:00 – 5:00 PM.
THE HUNT TIME FRAME
October 1, 2018 – October 31, 2018
Starting on October 1, 2018, an orb will be placed somewhere in Golden city limits each day for thirty-one days and two orbs a day on Saturdays and Sundays. Placement will happen at random times each day. Visit Golden will occasionally post clues on Twitter and Instagram Stories.
- Orbs can be found anywhere within golden city limits that is a public area, you can view the map here: http://maps.cityofgolden.net/ (the city is highlighted in purple). You won’t find them on private property, a driving range, in the creek, the middle of an established trail, and other places that would be unsafe for hunters.
- Orbs are free if you find them.
- One orb per person – if you have already found an orb during the hunt please leave the remainder of the orbs for others to find and enjoy.
- If you have successfully found an orb, be sure to bring it to Foothills Art Center (you get to keep your orb either way) and enter to win a prize package! Only orb finders get to enter to win so your odds are good!
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL HUNT
- We want these orbs to be found so follow Visit Golden on Twitter and Instagram for possible clues on orb locations.
- Orbs are placed outdoors rain, snow or shine.
SHARE PHOTOS OF YOUR FIND
If you find an orb be sure to show it off! Snap a picture of the treasure and where you found it and share it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #goldenglassorbhunt. Be sure to follow Visit Golden’s social channels @VisitGoldenCO to see updates on the hunt.
THE 2018 GLASS ORB ARTIST
Brad Bedillion, Through the Looking Glass Studio - Firestone, CO
Known for his free-flowing, non-technical approach, Brad loves the collaboration between him and the glass. He doesn’t fight it. It’s about the energy and the flow and that’s apparent in the work he produces. And not only does he enjoy the process, he enjoys sharing that process with others, working with charities and organizations that bring art to children. Because in the end, art is about the connection. The emotion it brings out in you.