SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
The Golden Glass Orb Hunt is a new event in Golden this year. During the month of September, Visit Golden will place a glass orb somewhere in the city each day for thirty days (one for each day of the month). Three local artisans handcrafted these one-of-a-kind glass orbs for Golden visitors to find and keep.
Each orb is marked with a special tag and instructions for treasure finders to register their orb at the Foothills Art Center where they will receive a certificate of authenticity. Foothills Art Center is open Mondays – Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Sundays: 12:00 – 5:00 PM. Once you register your orb, you will have the opportunity to enter a drawing to win a $200 gift card to a Golden business of your choosing (odds are 1/30).
The winner of the $200 gift card drawing will be drawn and announced on October 2, 2017.
- Glass orbs can be found anywhere within golden city limits that is a public area, you can view the map here: http://maps.cityofgolden.net/ (city is highlighted in purple). You won’t find them on private property, a driving range, in the creek, the middle of an established trail, and other places that would be unsafe for hunters.
- Glass Orb placement will happen around 9:00 am each day. If the orb has not yet been found by 1:00 pm each day, the Foothills Art Center will post a clue just inside their front entrance.
- Finders keepers.
- Treasure finders should register their orb at the Foothills Art Center where they will receive a certificate of authenticity. Foothills Art Center is open Mondays – Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Sundays: 12:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Once you register your orb, you can enter a drawing to win a $200 gift card to a Golden business of your choosing.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL HUNT
- We want these orbs to be found so remember to look in obvious spots.
- Orbs are placed outdoors rain or shine.