Visit Golden recognizes that residents and travelers may be concerned about COVID-19 and how it may affect them. The City of Golden is located in Jefferson County Colorado and all City, County, and State guidelines are followed in Golden. We in Golden are on a steady, thoughtful path to reopening our economy. While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority.
Jefferson County is in Level Yellow– Concern, in the Level Determinants.
Beginning April 9, 2021, Jefferson County community members and businesses should follow Level Yellow of Colorado Department of Public Health's Level Determinents per Tenth Amended Public Health Order 20-36.
To learn more about what Level YELLOW will mean for Golden, including the differences in restrictions by category, visit CDPHE’s Level Restrictions. The Statewide Mask order has been extended for 30 days.
Visit Golden continues to post city, county and state updates as they become available. Please check with businesses for their hours of operation, dining and shopping options.
City of Golden Resources
- Covid-19 Economic Food and Housing Assistance
- The City of Golden, Colorado - Municipal Government regulations require Face coverings in both indoor and outdoor areas of the City of Golden.
Jefferson County Colorado
- 5 STAR Certification Informtaion: https://www.jeffco.us/4217/Five-Star-Certification-Program
- State of Colorado Department of Public Health Restrictions and guidelines by county: www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirusUSA
- Center for Disease Control: CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority . Across the state and in Golden, we encourage you to embrace responsible tourism - showing care for our destinations, our visitors, and the people who call Golden home. Check out these links for what's open, scenic byways in our state like the Lariat Loop in Golden.
GENERAL TRAVEL INFORMATION
Colorado airports, including Denver International Airport, are open
A range of lodging offerings is available in Golden to accommodate travelers. Visit https://www.visitgolden.com/your-visit/lodging/ for a list of lodging options, please contact hotels directly for up to date information
Dining & Restaurants
Many restaurants provide takeout, delivery and outdoor seating. We recommend contacting restaurants directly to inquire about their services in advance. Many Golden restaurants are serving food and alcohol for takeout or home delivery. A list can be found on the TAKEOUT in Golden page.
Golden has countless acres of accessible federal land, state parks, municipal parks, open space and other accessible areas that make physical distancing feel natural. Allow for social distancing in our great outdoor areas. Regardless of where you are while in public, take care to remain at least six feet from others not in your household, and wear a mask.
Guided excursions, including fishing, hiking, climbing, history tours and more, are allowed with groups up to 10 people plus staff and guides. Tour providers including river outfitters, rafting and jeep tours can include members of up to two households. Recreators are encouraged to contact the guide or outfitter directly to learn more about its specific operations.
While it's important to stick to the trails, be prepared to step off a trail onto a rock or a bare place to maintain physical distancing. Recreators can use COTREX for up-to-date information about 38,000 miles of Colorado trails, closures and activity alerts.
There are many ways to experience Golden from home through a wide array of online and virtual experiences.
In the event of an emergency, incident or health threat, VISIT GOLDEN follows an emergency preparedness plan of action set by The City of Golden.
Golden Area Updates & Closures | Please see event or business link for the most up to date information
- American Mountaineering Museum Open by reservation only
- Coors Brewery Tour Closed for Tours
- Golden Bike Library Closed
- Golden Visitors & Information Center OPEN: Thursday - Saturdays 10 AM - 4 PM, Sundays: 11 AM - 4 PM
- Miner's Alley Playhouse On Demand Performances
- Mines Museum of Earth Science Open: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays 9AM - 4PM
- Golden Public Library Curbside Pickup and limited walk in hours
- Golden History Museum OPEN: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays 10 AM - 2 PM
If you have a closure you would like to inform the community about please email email@example.com
Please follow this link to view the status of City Services and facilities.
- City Hall, Police and Fire Departments (911 10th St.)
- City Hall Annex (1000 10th St.)
- Planning and Public Works Building (1445 10th St.)
CDC's website as well as its helpful information for travelers
U.S. Travel Association's Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus Toolkit
Visit Golden is closely tracking the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) for our businesses and the Golden community. Below are resources for how your business can plan for and respond to the virus.
- Following the Special Session of the 72nd General Assembly, Governor Jared Polis signed nine bills into law. This legislation provides broad relief to those impacted by COVID-19.
- Restaurant & Bar Special Sales Tax Deduction
- Energize Colorado
- City of Golden COVID-19 Economic Relief Efforts
- City of Golden Community & Economic Development Business Resources for COVID-19
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Register with the SBA for the Disaster Fund relief.
- Colorado Restaurant Association Resources
- Downtown Development Authority Business Revenue Loss Grant Program – Round Two Please note that this round is specifically for those eligible downtown businesses which did not apply in the first round.
- Update your Google my Business Account
- Unemployment Insurance
- Reach out to your insurance company to see if your policy includes Business Interruption Coverage.
Local Businesses Support of Coronavirus Mitigation Efforts
The City has created “Face covering required” signage for any business who wishes to use it. If you are interested in such a sign for your business, email us at COVID19@cityofgolden.net
The City of Golden, Visit Golden, and the Golden Chamber of Commerce are collaborating to promote TAKEOUT In Golden. Support local businesses by visiting the TAKEOUT page for an updated list of local restaurants, offering takeout, delivery, or curbside options.
Shop Local - Support local retail, services, and cultural organizations without going inside.
Golden merchants work hard to earn your business. Small businesses need your help more than ever. Visit the Shop Local page to find a list of businesses offering online shopping, curbside pick up, gift cards and more.
If you are in need of food assistance, meal pick-up is available at The Splash at Fossil Trace, 3151 Illinois Street. Prepackaged, made-fresh, take and go breakfasts and lunches are distributed from 1 to 1:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (no weekends).
For those unable to leave the home and in financial stress, email BGoldNcity@gmail.com or call 720-432-5048 with your name, phone number and address. The delivery service is ONLY for those who are UNABLE to leave their homes. Anyone who is underserved and IS ABLE to leave the house will receive their meals at The Splash at Fossil Trace, 3151 Illinois Street.
If you are able, please donate to the BGoldN Fund and help families and individuals who need food assistance. 100% of donations will cover local restaurant costs for BGoldN and purchasing food for our local food banks. Read more about this innovative program in the press release.