Visit Golden recognizes that residents and travelers may be concerned about COVID-19 and how it may affect them. The City of Golden is located in Jefferson County Colorado and all City, County, and State guidelines are followed in Golden. We in Golden are on a steady, thoughtful path to reopening our economy. While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority.
Effective May 15, Colorado Residents Should Follow State of Colorado Mask Requirements, according to the State of Colorado Executive Order:
- Fully vaccinated people can go without masks in public spaces unless the setting requires otherwise.
- Unvaccinated people ages 11 and over are encouraged to continue wearing masks in all public indoor spaces where members of different households are present.
- Masks are still required in certain settings, including in schools for unvaccinated students, teachers, and staff, as well as other settings which are laid out in the Executive Order.
- Local businesses may have additional mask restrictions. Please check with local businesses to determine their mask guidelines.
- Everyone must still wear masks on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. This is required by federal law for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, visit CDPHE's website.
Jefferson County Colorado Public Health (JCPH)
August 16, 2021, COVID-19 ALERT - JCPH Issues Public Health Order 21-002
Jefferson County Public Health today released Public Health Order 21-002, which requires everyone ages 2 and older to wear a mask when indoors at all schools and school-based extracurricular activities as well as all childcare settings in Jefferson County. Additionally, the Order requires all unvaccinated faculty and staff, as well as all unvaccinated students and adults who are participating in school-based extracurricular activities, to undergo routine testing during the academic year. The Order is effective tomorrow, August 17, 2021, and will remain in effect until rescinded, superseded, or amended. Read the full news release to find more information and the full order: https://www.jeffco.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1652
Golden Area Updates & Closures | Please visit our Calendar of Events, click HERE
While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority. Across the state and in Golden, we encourage you to embrace responsible tourism - showing care for our destinations, our visitors, and the people who call Golden home.
Colorado airports, including Denver International Airport, are open.
A range of lodging offerings is available in Golden to accommodate travelers. Visit https://www.visitgolden.com/your-visit/lodging/ for a list of lodging options, please contact hotels directly for up to date information.
Dining & Restaurants
Restaurants are OPEN and many provide takeout, delivery, and outdoor seating. We recommend contacting restaurants directly to inquire about their services in advance. Many Golden restaurants are serving food and alcohol for takeout or home delivery. A list can be found on the TAKEOUT in Golden page.
Golden has countless acres of accessible federal land, state parks, municipal parks, open space, and other accessible areas that make physical distancing feel natural.
Please follow this link to view the status of the City of Golden Services and facilities.
- City Hall, Police, and Fire Departments (911 10th St.)
- City Hall Annex (1000 10th St.)
- Planning and Public Works Building (1445 10th St.)
U.S. Travel Association's Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus Toolkit
City of Golden Resources: Covid-19 Economic Food and Housing Assistance
Visit Golden is closely tracking the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) for our businesses and the Golden community. Below are resources for how your business can plan for and respond to the virus.
- Following the Special Session of the 72nd General Assembly, Governor Jared Polis signed nine bills into law. This legislation provides broad relief to those impacted by COVID-19.
- Restaurant & Bar Special Sales Tax Deduction
- Energize Colorado
- City of Golden COVID-19 Economic Relief Efforts
- City of Golden Community & Economic Development Business Resources for COVID-19)
- Register with the SBA for the Disaster Fund relief.
- Colorado Restaurant Association Resources
- Update your Google my Business Account
- Unemployment Insurance
- Reach out to your insurance company to see if your policy includes Business Interruption Coverage.
Local Businesses Support of Coronavirus Mitigation Efforts
The City has created “Face covering required” signage for any business that wishes to use it. If you are interested in such a sign for your business, email us at COVID19@cityofgolden.net
BGoldN's mission is to address food insecurity. Please visit their website for assistance and information.
If you are able, please donate to the BGoldN Fund and help families and individuals who need food assistance. 100% of donations will cover local restaurant costs for BGoldN and purchasing food for our local food banks. Read more about this innovative program in the press release.