Visit Golden recognizes that residents and travelers may be concerned about COVID-19 and how it may affect them. The City of Golden is located in Jefferson County Colorado and all City, County, and State guidelines are followed in Golden. We in Golden are on a steady, thoughtful path to reopening our economy. While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority.
Jefferson County is in Level Clear on the Status Dial.
Effective May 15, Residents Should Follow State of Colorado Mask Requirements
Jefferson County Public Health rescinded its countywide mask order (Public Health Order 20-008) effective May 15. All residents should follow the more relaxed mask requirements from the State of Colorado per Executive Order D 2021 103 and according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s (CDPHE) Second Amended Public Health Order 20-38.
According to the State of Colorado Executive Order:
- Fully vaccinated people can go without masks in public spaces unless the setting requires otherwise.
- Unvaccinated people ages 11 and over are encouraged to continue wearing masks in all public indoor spaces where members of different households are present.
- Masks are still required in certain settings, including in schools for unvaccinated students, teachers and staff, as well as other settings which are laid out in the Executive Order.
- Local businesses may have additional mask restrictions. Please check with local businesses to determine their mask guidelines.
- Everyone must still wear masks on planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. This is required by federal law for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, visit CDPHE's website.
Jefferson County Colorado Public Health (JCPH) - To learn more about JCPH visit https://www.jeffco.us/public-health.
Golden Area Updates & Closures | Please see event or business link for the most up to date information
- American Mountaineering Museum OPEN by reservation only
- Coors Brewery Tour Closed for Tours
- Golden Bike Library Opening June 3, 2021, Thursday through Monday 10 am to 4 pm.
- Golden Visitors & Information Center Open 7 days a week: 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
- Miner's Alley Playhouse On Demand Performances | Click on link to website
- Mines Museum of Earth Science Open: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays 9AM - 4PM | First come, first served | Capacity limits
- Golden Public Library Curbside Pickup and limited walk in hours
- Golden History Museum OPEN: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays 10 AM - 2 PMThere are many ways to experience Golden from home through a wide array of online and virtual experiences.
- Guided excursions are available, including fishing, hiking, climbing, history tours.
GENERAL TRAVEL INFORMATION
While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority . Across the state and in Golden, we encourage you to embrace responsible tourism - showing care for our destinations, our visitors, and the people who call Golden home.
Colorado airports, including Denver International Airport, are open.
A range of lodging offerings is available in Golden to accommodate travelers. Visit https://www.visitgolden.com/your-visit/lodging/ for a list of lodging options, please contact hotels directly for up to date information.
Dining & Restaurants
Many restaurants provide takeout, delivery and outdoor seating. We recommend contacting restaurants directly to inquire about their services in advance. Many Golden restaurants are serving food and alcohol for takeout or home delivery. A list can be found on the TAKEOUT in Golden page.
Golden has countless acres of accessible federal land, state parks, municipal parks, open space and other accessible areas that make physical distancing feel natural.
Please follow this link to view the status of City of Golden Services and facilities.
- City Hall, Police and Fire Departments (911 10th St.)
- City Hall Annex (1000 10th St.)
- Planning and Public Works Building (1445 10th St.)
U.S. Travel Association's Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus Toolkit
City of Golden Resources: Covid-19 Economic Food and Housing Assistance
Visit Golden is closely tracking the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) for our businesses and the Golden community. Below are resources for how your business can plan for and respond to the virus.
- Following the Special Session of the 72nd General Assembly, Governor Jared Polis signed nine bills into law. This legislation provides broad relief to those impacted by COVID-19.
- Restaurant & Bar Special Sales Tax Deduction
- Energize Colorado
- City of Golden COVID-19 Economic Relief Efforts
- City of Golden Community & Economic Development Business Resources for COVID-19
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Register with the SBA for the Disaster Fund relief.
- Colorado Restaurant Association Resources
- Downtown Development Authority Business Revenue Loss Grant Program – Round Two Please note that this round is specifically for those eligible downtown businesses which did not apply in the first round.
- Update your Google my Business Account
- Unemployment Insurance
- Reach out to your insurance company to see if your policy includes Business Interruption Coverage.
Local Businesses Support of Coronavirus Mitigation Efforts
The City has created “Face covering required” signage for any business who wishes to use it. If you are interested in such a sign for your business, email us at COVID19@cityofgolden.net
The City of Golden, Visit Golden, and the Golden Chamber of Commerce are collaborating to promote TAKEOUT In Golden. Support local businesses by visiting the TAKEOUT page for an updated list of local restaurants, offering takeout, delivery, or curbside options. The Month of May 2021 is Golden Restaurant Appreciation Month.
Shop Local - Support local retail, services, and cultural organizations without going inside.
Golden merchants work hard to earn your business. Small businesses need your help more than ever. Visit the Shop Local page to find a list of businesses offering online shopping, curbside pick up, gift cards and more.
If you are in need of food assistance, meal pick-up is available at The Splash at Fossil Trace, 3151 Illinois Street. Prepackaged, made-fresh, take and go breakfasts and lunches are distributed from 1 to 1:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (no weekends).
For those unable to leave the home and in financial stress, email BGoldNcity@gmail.com or call 720-432-5048 with your name, phone number and address. The delivery service is ONLY for those who are UNABLE to leave their homes. Anyone who is underserved and IS ABLE to leave the house will receive their meals at The Splash at Fossil Trace, 3151 Illinois Street.
If you are able, please donate to the BGoldN Fund and help families and individuals who need food assistance. 100% of donations will cover local restaurant costs for BGoldN and purchasing food for our local food banks. Read more about this innovative program in the press release.