Location & Contact Information
- Presented By: Golden History Museum & Park
- Dates: July 20, 2019
- Location: Golden History Park
- Address: 1020 11th Street, Golden, CO 80401
- Phone: (303) 278-3557
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.goldenhistory.org/event/blast-off-in-the-history-park/?instance_id=327
- Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Price: free
Come celebrate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11’s journey; the spaceflight that landed the first two people on the moon.
There will be hands-on activities and fun! The History Park is home to many of the original buildings from the old Pearce Ranch in Golden Gate Canyon. Thomas and Henrietta Pearce, pictured here, raised eight children on their ranch.
- Stroll through this park and imagine yourself growing potatoes or raising chickens as part of a homesteading family.
- Peek through the windows of real 1800s cabins and see other buildings from the ranch like the barn, chicken coop and two-seat outhouse.
- See the1876 Guy Hill schoolhouse which was originally located in the canyon. t
Our rustic three-acre park is ideal for those with a “Do It Yourself (DIY)” mindset. Whether you are interested in having your wedding ceremony and/or reception with us or intent on hosting a large event such as family reunion or a corporate retreat, Golden History Park offers a unique experience for your guests. It’s only a short walk from downtown Golden which features shopping, restaurants, and more. Learn how a Golden Museum and Park rental offers unique experiences that range from rustic to ritzy. https://www.goldenhistory.org/visit/golden-museum-rental/