Location & Contact Information
- Presented By: Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum
- Dates: July 22, 2019 - October 19, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum
- Address: 200 Violet Street, Ste. 140, Golden, CO 80401
- Phone: 3032159001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.rmqm.org/current-exhibitions.htm
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: Adult Admission: $8.00Seniors over 65+: $7.00Students (w/ID) and Active Military (w/ID): $4.00Children 6–12: $4.00Children Under 6: Free
On display in the large gallery through October 19, 2019, Evolutions challenged quilters and fiber artists to submit quilted works embodying their personal concept of growth and continuous change. The quilts range from simple to complex in style, with the artists drawing from a wide range of techniques, designs and materials. On display visitors will see examples of fabric dyeing, hand beading, screen printing and digital design, among others. The result is an open, flowing collection of quilts exploring the nooks and crannies of life, change and growth. Come explore with us, and discover your own meaning of evolution.
The theme of evolution doesn’t stop there. Generously donated to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in 2017, Tina M. Gravatt’s Collection of Miniature Quilts numbers over 100 works and covers a wide range of quilting history. On display in the small gallery, visitors can view a selection of these pieces covering 200 years of American quilting history. All the quilts are to scale and many are best viewed as doll bed quilts. A quilt artist, teacher, lecturer and author, Gravatt says that by making minis she has been able to create more quilts than she ever thought possible. Though her study of quilts is not yet over, this exploration into all things miniature has been one of her greatest adventures. Don’t miss RMQM’s first display of these extraordinary quilts.