Location & Contact Information
- Presented By: Golden History Museum & Park
- Dates: October 26, 2019
- Location: Golden Cemetery
- Address: 755 Ulysses Street, Golden, CO 80401
- Phone: (303) 278-3557
- Email: golden.history.events @gmail.com
- Website: https://www.goldenhistory.org/event/golden-cemetery-tour-2019/?instance_id=376
- Time: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Price: $0 members; $10 non-members, plus online registration fee
Visit the graves of legendary Golden characters. Hear stories about their lives from famous storyteller, Dennis Potter, Museum volunteer since 2008 and retired Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department Captain.
Tours begin and end at the Golden Cemetery. This program sells out every year, so get your tickets early. This is a rain-or-shine event; weather will not force a cancellation. Two tours are available: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Registration is required. Program will be canceled if minimum attendance number is not reached 24 hours prior to start time.
The City of Golden owns and operates the Golden Cemetery. Among the historic notables buried here is George West, who started the Colorado Transcript newspaper in 1866. Additionally, Seth Lake, builder of Astor House in 1867, is buried in the Golden Cemetery. Many other pioneers and characters of the early west are at rest here.
Facility Rental - Learn how a Golden Museum Rental offers unique experiences that range from rustic to ritzy. https://www.goldenhistory.org/visit/golden-museum-rental/