Location & Contact Information
- Presented By: Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum
- Dates: June 3, 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday
- Location: Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum
- Address: 200 Violet Street, Suite 140, Golden, CO 80401
- Phone: (303) 277-0377
- Time: Monday - Saturday 10-4 pm Sunday - 11-4 pm
- Price: Adult Admission: $8.00 Seniors over 65+: $7.00 Students (w/ID) and Active Military (w/ID): $4.00 Children 6–12: $4.00 Children Under 6: Free
(Exhibit Opening Reception: June 1st, 6:00p)
The mission of The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum is to collect, preserve, exhibit, and educate the public about quilts; honor quiltmaking traditions; and embrace the evolution of the art and craft of quilting.
When you visit The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, you will explore the scope of quilting, from bedcoverings of the 1800s to contemporary art pieces. The museum hosts quarterly exhibits, tailored tours, and programs for adults and youth. For the researcher and quilt enthusiast, the Sandra Dallas Library contains over 6,000 volumes featuring out-of-print literature, technique resources, historic patterns and research documents.
Eugenia Mitchell, an 80-year-old Golden resident of humble means had a generous spirit and a passion for quilts. Her vision for a quilt museum was accomplished in 1990. Since then, the museum continues to serve as a trusted repository for treasured family heirlooms, historically significant quilts and cutting-edge contemporary quilts.
Visit the museum, located at 200 Violet Street, Suite 140 in Golden. The museum shop features a variety of gifts for everyone on your list including unique pieces by local artists.