Find Free Art
The Golden Glass Orb Hunt is happening again, and we've decided to make it more of a challenge! We heard your feedback and are limiting the hunt to weekends and won't be posting clues this year. During the month of October, Visit Golden and Foothills Art Center will place three glass orbs somewhere in the city every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. A local artisan, Brad Bedillion, handcrafted these one-of-a-kind glass orbs for you to find and keep.
Each orb is marked with a special tag and instructions for entering to win the Grand Prize.
THE HUNT TIME FRAME
October 4, 2019 – October 31, 2019
Starting on October 4, 2019, three orbs will be placed somewhere in Golden city limits each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Placement will happen at random times each day. Visit Golden and Foothills Art Center will share updates when the orbs have been found. Make sure you follow us on Instagram (@visitgoldenco and @foothillsartcenter) so you can keep up with the latest updates.
We wanted to make it a more challenging hunt, so new this year, there will be no clues. Check the Visit Golden and Foothills Art Center Instagram accounts for updates about when orbs have been found.
- Orbs can be found anywhere within Golden city limits that is a public area. You can view the map here: http://maps.cityofgolden.net (the city is highlighted in purple). You won’t find them on private property, a driving range, in the creek, in the middle of an established trail, or other places that would be unsafe for hunters. All of the orbs are hidden in plain sight, so you won't need to dig or climb to find them.
- Orbs are free if you find them.
- One orb per person – if you have already found an orb during the hunt please leave the remainder of the orbs for others to find and enjoy.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL HUNT
- Follow Visit Golden on Instagram to find out which orbs have been found.
- Orbs are placed outdoors rain, snow or shine.
- We will not always know when orbs have been found since it is up to the "finder" to share that they have discovered it, so keep hunting!
SHARE PHOTOS OF YOUR FIND TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE
If you find an orb, be sure to show it off! Snap a picture of the treasure and where you found it and share it to Instagram with #goldenglassorbhunt. If you don't have Instagram, please email your photo to VisitGolden@cityofgolden.net. This will also enter you to win the grand prize package. Or you can bring your orb into Foothills Art Center to enter to win as well. Foothills Art Center is open Mondays – Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Sundays: 12:00 – 5:00 PM.
THE 2019 GLASS ORB ARTIST
Brad Bedillion, Through the Looking Glass Studio - Firestone, CO
Known for his free-flowing, non-technical approach, Brad loves the collaboration between him and the glass. He doesn’t fight it. It’s about the energy and the flow and that’s apparent in the work he produces. And not only does he enjoy the process he also enjoys sharing that process with others, working with charities and organizations that bring art to children. Because in the end, art is about the connection, the emotion it brings out in you.