Movies & Music In The Park
Friday nights in August
Each year, the City of Golden offers movie-lovers the Movies & Music in the Park series! The free series runs Friday nights August 13, 20, and 27 at Parfet Park located at 10th Street and Washington Avenue in downtown Golden.
The series features free music and a family-friendly movie. Bands begin performing at 7 p.m. and the featured movie of the night begins at dusk, around 8:30 p.m. The movies are shown on a giant inflatable screen under the stars.
Parfet Park is located at 10th and Washington in Golden.
Movies & Music in the park features free music and a family-friendly movie. Bands begin performing at 7 p.m. and the featured movie of the night begins at dusk, around 8:30 p.m. The movies are shown on a giant inflatable screen under the stars.
Bring blankets or low-slung chairs, and make yourself comfortable! If you need to sit up high in a regular height chair, however, please be courteous of those sitting on the ground, and keep to the edges of the crowd. This year we’ve dedicated the front area to blankets only, so please look for the signs. Come early and bring a picnic dinner, or enjoy food and drinks from local vendors. A number of vendors will be on site to offer tasty selections such as pizza, ice cream and sodas. Then, of course, save room, because what’s a movie without hot, buttery popcorn?
Dogs are welcome, just keep them on a leash. And please leave your adult beverages at home – this is an alcohol- and tobacco-free event. Regular park rules apply.
- August 13, Toy Story 4 & La Pompe Jazz
- August 20 Raiders of the Lost Ark & Band: iZCALLi
- August 27: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker & Band: Los Cheesies
Enjoy the show!
Ullrgrass Music And Beer Festival
The 6th annual UllrGrass Music & Beer Festival was a big success. UllrGrass (named for the Norse God of Winter – Ullr - pronounced ooler) is a winter signature event in Golden. Festival-goers dress in Viking regalia and celebrate community, live music, performing arts and craft beer. Check back for information on the 2021 festival!
The January 2020 weekend lineup for UllrGrass Music Festival showcases talent from across Colorado and the US.
- UllrGrass All Stars – Drew Emmitt, Adam Aijala, Allie Kral, Andy Thorn and Greg Garrison
- Coral Creek is a nationally acclaimed Colo-Caribbean Newgrazz band featuring the original music of Chris Thompson and Bill McKay (formerly of Leftover Salmon and Derek Trucks Band).
- Head for the Hills has been together for 15 years and has been awarded Best Bluegrass in Colorado four times via Denver’s Westword Magazine.
- Freiya – Women of Bluegrass is a magical Ullr-style collaboration among four of the finest female bluegrass musicians in Colorado. KC Groves leads the quartet on bass, Erin Peet Lukes on Guitar, Natalie Padilla on Fiddle and Bonnie Sims on mandolin.
- Adam Greuel of Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, brings his guitar and vocals to the stage with an eclectic group of his friends.
- FY5 combines bluegrass, Americana and folk into an original Colorado sound.
- Thunder & Rain brings an acoustic sound, living somewhere in between folk, country, bluegrass, and pop.
- Julian Davis & The Situation, featuring the self-taught stylings of a traveling musician.
- Laney Lou & The Bird Dogs are an energetic Americana-Folk band that infuses four-part harmonies, engaging songwriting, and rock-n-roll drive into a modern approach to traditional folk music.
- Rum Creek, fans of both rum and bluegrass, Rum Creek combines Newgrazz and Americana for an all new sound.
- The Cody Sisters with Jackson Earls, blend Old Time, Swing, Gypsy Jazz, Jazz, Folk, and Modern Bluegrass for a new music experience.
- The High Road Home, 2019 winners of the UllrGrass Band Competition, bring their Colorado-inspired, new-acoustic sound to the mainstage.
- Pick & Howl, founded in Denver CO, the progressive bluegrass 5-piece has gained notoriety as both practitioners of Traditional Bluegrass and genre-warping jammers.
- Ullr’s Funk and Soul Jam
- Ghost Town Drifters, Denver locals and pizza enthusiasts bring their signature sound and party attitude.
- Family Band String Band
- The Wrecklunds are a traditionally modern Bluegrass based out of the west side of the Denver Metro Area.
UllrGrass is a volunteer-powered non-profit event with proceeds benefitting the Kids Music Project by Coral Creek which delivers music education and performance to kids in Colorado.