GOLDEN STORES ARE SAFELY OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Choosing to be a Visit Golden Partner offers many choices to promote a Golden business or attraction. These benefits are long-standing programs and most have been around for nearly 15 years!
The Golden Ticket program began as a way to let the nearly 300,000 yearly visitors to the Coors Brewery Tour know about the variety of things to do in Golden. The Golden Tourism Employee Appreciation Mixer (GTEAM) was designed to educate and show appreciation to Golden's tourism front-line volunteers and employees, and the Golden Greeter employees offer Golden visitors insight and information on where to shop, dine, play and stay in Golden.
WELCOME TO THE GOLDEN TICKET PROGRAM
- What is the Golden Ticket? The Golden Ticket is a joint marketing program between MolsonCoors and the City of Golden. The ticket benefits merchants with additional sales from the nearly 300,000 yearly visitors who take the Coors Brewery tour. It is also available at the Golden Visitors and Information Center and some Golden events. The Golden Ticket is scratched in front of a participating merchant and surrendered at that time. Each ticket reveals a discount of 5%, 10%, 15% or 20% or a cash prize of $10 or $500. Participating merchants are responsible for honoring the percentage discounts. Cash prizes are reimbursed by Visit Golden.
- What does it say on the back of the ticket? "Discount or cash prize only valid when scratched in presence of participating business. Discounts limited to items priced at or below $300. Not valid on sale items or with any other offers. Other restrictions may apply. Cash prizes can be redeemed in person at the Golden Visitors Center. Odds of winning cash prize 1 in 200. Odds of winning grand prize 1 in 10,000".
- Are there other benefits? Golden Ticket Merchants receive an additional vendor profile on VisitGolden.com, under the "Deals" tab. A star notation is next to participating businesses and attractions listing on the Visit Golden orange map (distributed at the Golden Visitors and Information Center and Coors Brewery Tour). The business name or attraction appears on the printed Golden Ticket list on display at the Golden Visitor and Information Center and participants are included on Golden ticket promotional materials and social media posts.
THE GOLDEN TOURISM EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION MIXER AKA GTEAM
The GTEAM event is an opportunity to provide front-line tourism staff with complete and relevant Golden information for visitors and guests. Golden based business or attractions can connect with and educate Coors Brewery Tour Guides, Golden Visitor and Information Center volunteers, Golden Greeters, cultural organization staff, and staff from Golden's shops, lodging facilities, and restaurants. The event includes networking, educational games, prizes, food and more! GTEAM is usually held on a Thursday evening in June and it is free for all to attend. Invitations to the event begin going out in May. To make sure you're on our invitation list, send us an email at VisitGolden@CityofGolden.net with GTEAM as the subject line.
How to promote your business/attraction at the GTEAM event:
- Donate food or beverages
- Provide gift cars for drawings
- Distribute coupons/schwag/or free passes
- Make sure your listing on VisitGolden.com is current
Greeters have been welcoming people to Golden for over 16 years! They promote shopping, dining, entertainment, and community attractions and events to both residents and visitors to Golden. You'll mainly find them at the kiosk at the Coors Brewery Tour lot where they answer questions, give out Golden maps and assist guests with their itinerary for the day. They listen first and then ask questions like "What type of food do you like?" "Are you looking for family friendly activities?" or "How much time do you have?" so they can make the guests' visit the best possible experience. They also staff information tables at the Golden Farmers Market, Jefferson County Employee events, Colorado School of Mines student and family orientations, Small Business Saturday and other Golden events. See the About section for this year's Golden Greeters.