Trails and Coffee Were Meant to Be Shared
Golden Rules! "Sharing is caring" so help care for our beautiful 253 acres of parks by using common courtesy and following a few simple trail rules to keep our public lands "golden". For starters, hikers traveling uphill have the right of way and dogs need to be leashed. Celebrate your trail run or bike ride with a freshly brewed coffee or delicious sandwich. Visit the Jefferson County Open Space website or the City of Golden's trails and open space web page for more trail etiquette, specific park rules and more information, including hours.
9 Reminders on Trail Etiquette
- Keep bikes under control and at a safe speed.
- Bikes must yield the right-of-way to other trail users. Horses have priority, followed by hikers, and then bikers.
- Dogs should be leashed at all times and waste picked up.
- Yield to uphill traffic.
- Leave no trace. Clean up any trash and recyclables, and place in designated bins.
- Do not harass wildlife.
- Stick to designated trails.
- Stay to the right, pass on the left.
- Be friendly and have fun.