Combine a Denver Convention with a Get-a-way in Golden
Close to the City, Yet So Different in Atmosphere
If you’re looking for a small pre or post Denver convention meeting site that is different than the hustle and bustle of a large urban city, Golden is the place.
Located only 20 minutes from downtown Denver and 30 highway miles from Denver International Airport, Golden has the same relaxed atmosphere, recreational opportunities and feeling of a large Colorado mountain resort, yet it is two to four hours closer in one-way transportation time.
Golden is perfect for groups of 10 to 250 for:
- Small board meetings that take place before or after large conventions in Denver.
- Team-building opportunities based on recreation and adventure of hiking, biking, rock climbing, water sports and even hang gliding.
- Pre and post-convention vacation opportunities for attendees.
- Golf at one of Colorado’s top rated public courses.
- Small meetings with an evening concert at nearby Red Rocks Amphitheatre with much less transportation hassles to and from the event.
- Meetings that can leave the board room and adjourn to walks along a river trail, following it high up into a mountain canyon.
Colorado is filled with mountain resort towns for small meetings, but most of them are on the other side of the Continental Divide and require what can be a harrowing 2, 3 or 4 hour drive on I-70 through the Eisenhower Tunnel – the highest auto tunnel in North America. Only Golden offers a mountain town experience just 30 miles from Denver International Airport on flat, interstate highways.
Blend Business & Adventure
From 1862-1867, Golden was the capital of the Colorado Territory. All important government meetings took place here in the first capitol building, which was also a saloon. It still is.
While the state capital moved to Denver and the metro population grew to three million people, Golden retained its same small town Western character. Located in spectacular Clear Creek Valley and surrounded by mountains and buttes, Golden is only a 20-minute drive from downtown Denver and just 30 highway miles from Denver International Airport.
While it’s close to the city, Golden offers all the amenities of a mountain resort with sophisticated dining, outdoor recreation, and an array of riverside hotels and conference rooms in a walkable, small Western town atmosphere.
Whether you are looking for a place away from the city for a board retreat, team-building experience, small conference, or just a relaxing and recreational get-a-way, consider Golden, Colorado.
This guide has all the information on Golden’s meeting facilities, hotels, dining, recreation, arts, and amenities.