GOLDENS IN GOLDEN
February 3, 2024
11 am - 1 pm
Downtown Golden, Colorado
Celebrate Golden Retrievers in Golden during “Goldens In Golden” with lots of fun, fanfare, fluff, and photo ops.
- Pup Meet and Mingle in Parfet Park
- Free Pup Cups, Giveaways, and Vendor Booths
- Photo ops on Washington Avenue & Group Photo Under The “Welcome to Golden” Arch
- Pet-Friendly Lodging Packages and Local Business Specials (More details to come)
Trained, friendly, and leashed dogs are invited, and owners are kindly requested to please clean up after their dog.
A Glimpse of Goldens In Golden
11 a.m. - Meet and greet at the Golden Visitor Center where you can enjoy complimentary "pup cup" treats, take a professional photo under our mini Welcome Arch, meet Golden based pet organizations and grab free Golden Doggie Bags.
11:45 - Group walk to the "Welcome to Golden" Arch for a group photo and mingling along the Avenue.
1 p.m. Official festivities end at 1 p.m. and Washington Avenue will re-open to vehicle traffic. Afterwards, head out around Golden on your own. There will be many dog-friendly deals, plenty of patios and lots of nearby trails to enjoy!
Know Before You Go
- Goldens in Golden is a very weather dependent event and will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather (extreme cold, icy conditions, heavy snow or rain). Please keep this in mind when making your travel plans and double check with your hotel about the cancelation policy. We will strive to make a final announcement on the status of the event by the morning of Thursday, Feb. 1, 2024. Please also check the website, Facebook event, and @VisitGoldenCO social channels the morning of the event to confirm it's a go.
- ALERT: Although Golden’s Washington Avenue and sidewalks will be plowed, there may be icy/snow packed spots, especially in shady areas. If you or your dog are not steady on your feet, we do not recommend attending the event.
- Washington Ave. will be closed to vehicle traffic from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 3rd. The closure will be between 10th St. and 12th St.
- Please RSVP to Goldens In Golden Facebook Event on our Facebook page if you plan to attend so we can prepare accordingly. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram @VisitGoldenCO for important updates.
- If you plan to bring your well behaved Golden to Golden, please keep your pooch leashed and be sure to clean up after your dog.
- Clear Creek is very dangerous this time of year with thin ice and variable conditions. Use extreme caution and keep your dog leashed when near the water.
- Have fun and follow the Golden Rule when interacting with others. Golden Animal Control will be on-site and will issue citations for dogs off leash.
- How to Dress: Golden In Golden in an all outdoors event with little cover from the elements.
- Dress in layers: February in Golden can easily go from sunny to below freezing, so dress accordingly.
- Wear sturdy, waterproof shoes/boots with good traction as you will likely encounter snowpack and ice.
- Cover your head and hands.
- Monitor your dog’s comfort.
Additional Event Parking
The Clear Creek Parking Lot, located at 304 10th Street at the intersection of 10th and Archer Streets is a great area to check for additional parking. RV parking is allowed only during the day. Staying overnight is prohibited. This lot is a short walk from Parfet Park.
Pet Friendly Hotels in Golden
Goldens In Golden Special Offers (TBD)
Golden is renowned for its dog-friendly atmosphere, boasting numerous pet-friendly parks, hiking trails, and outdoor cafes where furry companions are warmly welcomed, making it a haven for dog lovers. And let's not forget about the world-famous Goldens in Golden event that occurs once a year.