Downtown Visitor Parking
We're glad you've come to visit us in Downtown Golden! If you are shopping, dining, or just enjoying a stroll downtown, we offer the first 2-hour free parking in the orange zone area outlined on this page.
Parking is free for the first 2 hours of parking in our downtown parking lots and garages after registering your license plate. Register your vehicle at the pay station or by using the Parkmobile app, even if you are staying less than 2 hours. If you are coming for a special event, or find yourself parking outside the downtown area, please be aware that the surrounding neighborhoods have resident permit parking.
TIP: The parking garages typically have plenty of open parking spots and are only one block east of Washington Avenue on Jackson Street.
FREE TWO-HOUR PARKING: 7 A.M. – 5 P.M.
- Parking in the Orange zones indicated on the map is available only for 2 hours. You may not park longer than 2 hours in these areas.
- After 5 p.m. you can park there for free and for the evening.
- Two-hour parking is in effect in these areas 7 days/week.
- You do not need to register your vehicle at a pay station.
Free Clear Creek Parking at 304 10th Street
Plenty of free parking is available in the Clear Creek Parking Lot, located at 304 10th Street at the intersection of 10th and Archer Streets. RV parking is allowed during the day. Staying overnight is prohibited. This parking is perfect for visitors and users of the Clear Creek Corridor. Please click on the link below for a Clear Creek Corridor Map.
Clear Creek Corridor Use and Parking Map
(download for printable version)
PARKING 2+ HOURS
- If you plan to stay longer than two hours between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., there are convenient parking garages and parking lots close to downtown indicated in Blue on the map.
- The first two hours are free, each additional hour is $2 to a maximum of $8/day.
- After 5 p.m., and on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays**, you can park here for free.
- You must register your vehicle at the pay station, even if you are planning to stay less than two hours.
- X indicates the location of parking pay stations
** Holidays when parking is free in the blue zone include: New Years Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- (303) 277-8799
Parking Office Hours: Mon – Fri, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The map indicates designated accessible parking for our visitors who may need to park in close proximity to downtown. Additional designated spaces are located within both parking garages.