We're glad you've come to visit us in Downtown Golden! If you are shopping, dining or just enjoying a stroll downtown, we offer first 2-hour free parking in the orange zone area outlined on this page.
Free for the first 2 hours parking is available In our downtown parking lots and garages after registering your license plates. Register your vehicle at the pay station or by using the Parkmobile app, even if you are staying less than 2 hours.
If you are coming for a special event, or find yourself parking outside the downtown area, please be aware that the surrounding neighborhoods have resident permit parking. Read signs and carefully choose your parking spot.
TIP: The parking garages typically have plenty of open parking spots and are only one block rast of Washington Avenue. Head there if you don’t see any available street parking.
FREE TWO HOUR PARKING: 7 A.M. – 5 P.M.
- Parking in the Orange zones indicated on the map is available only for 2 hours. You may not park longer than 2 hours in these areas.
- After 5 p.m. you can park here for free and for the evening.
- Two hour parking is in effect in these areas 7 days/week.
- You do not need to register your vehicle at a pay station.
PARKING 2+ HOURS
- If you plan to stay longer than two hours between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., there are convenient parking garages and parking lots close to downtown indicated in Blue on the map.
- The first two hours are free, each additional hour is $2 to a maximum of $8/day.
- After 5 p.m., and on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays**, you can park here for free.
- You must register your vehicle at the pay station, even if you are planning to stay less than two hours.
- X indicates the location of parking pay stations.
** Holidays when parking is free in the blue zone include: New Years Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.