In November 2019, the Denver Post declared, “Golden’s restaurant scene is blowing up,” and that Golden “is now joining the ranks of Colorado’s food destinations.”
Golden Restaurant Week, Jan. 31-Feb. 9, 2020, is the perfect time to find out why everyone is talking about the dining scene in this historic town at the edge of the mountains. Here are the top 5 reasons to dine in Golden during this special event:
1. More than a dozen restaurants will offer specials such as two-for-one cocktails, discounted entrees; three course dinners; free bottles of wine; free appetizers, free deserts and more. It’s the perfect time to visit a new restaurant, or enjoy an old favorite. For a complete list of restaurants and specials being offered, visit www.VisitGolden.com.
2. The holiday lights in Golden are staying on until mid-Feb. 2020, making this quaint historic town more romantic than ever. Thousands of twinkling lights line the paved path that follows Clear Creek from the center of town up into the mountains. It’s been called by Westword, the “most beautiful urban trail in Denver,” and it’s lovely when illuminated.
3. Parking in Golden is free after 5 pm and on weekends. As you walk along Washington Avenue, you’ll see galleries, clothing boutiques, candy stores, bars, breweries, distilleries, and outdoor cafes.
4. Golden has plenty of cool places for a pre-dinner drink. There are seven craft breweries in Golden, two distilleries and a handful of tap houses and cocktail bars. Downtown is easy and walkable to move from drink to dinner, or there are award-winning breweries with sunset and mountain views.
5. Did we mention specials? The participating restaurants are offering the following specials:
- Bella Colibri - Three course meal: antipasto (appetizer), entree, and dessert for $35 per person. Choose from two antipasti, three entrees, and cannoli for dessert.
- Bridgewater Grill - Receive a complimentary dessert with the purchase of an entrée.
- The Buffalo Rose - Purchase 1 entree, get a second entree for 50% off. Limit 1 special per party.
- Café 13 –Loaded nachos with 2 margaritas for $15 during Happy Hour from 3-6pm.
- El Dorado Mexican Restaurant – 2-for-1 house margaritas and 2-for-1 shots on all Exotico Tequilas.
- Tributary Food Hall & Drinkery - Enjoy 50% off select bottles of wine all week long and $4 craft cocktails from 3-6 pm. Mention "Golden Restaurant Week" to a server and receive a Tributary Passport, which features ongoing specials.
- Colorado Plus 49 Cidery & Pub - 50% off flights with any food purchase and $1 off all appetizers.
- Golden Sweets - Present your dinner receipt from that evening from a downtown Golden restaurant and receive 20% off the sweet dessert of your choice.
- Cheese Ranch - 5 O’Clock flights - 3 cheese plate with 2 glasses of wine or beer for $18.00.
- Woody’s Wood-Fired Pizza - Italian Dinner for Two ($49.99): Parmesan garlic knot appetizer, two salads from the salad bar, two orders of homemade ricotta-stuffed manicotti and a bottle of wine.
- Bob’s Atomic Burgers - A burger with two toppings, small side, and drink for $10.
- Miners Saloon - Pick six charcuterie plus a bottle of wine (J Lohr Cabernet, Kendall Jackson Chardonnay or Benvolio Pinot Grigio) for $40.
- Old Capitol Grill & Smokehouse - Two entrees and a bottle of wine for $59.95. Entrees: Salmon Steak w/celery root puree, broccoli rabe, sundried tomatoes, chili garlic; New York Strip (8-oz) w/garlic mashed potatoes and roasted carrots; and Roast Chicken w/ragu of baby carrots, potatoes, roasted mushrooms, English peas.
- Launch Espresso Food Spirits -- Two glasses of wine and a charcuterie board for $20.
- Nomad Taqueria and Beer Garden - Kids eat free with the purchase of an entree.
- Jolynn's & the BC Underground – Enjoy a free Cracklin' Chicken Dip with the purchase of two entrees.
- Snarf's - Free cookie or cup of soup with purchase of a 7" or 12" sandwich
- Bono’s Italian Restaurant – Lasagna dinner for two for $39.99: BOLANO Appetizer, 2 Lasagna Entrees, and 2 Glasses of Wine.
You MUST mention “Golden Restaurant Week” to receive the specials. Full details at https://www.visitgolden.com/events/festivals-of-golden/golden-restaurant-week/
Reservations strongly encouraged. Contact individual restaurants for reservations.
NOTE: Holiday photo from Instagram's @traildogartisans