From Art to Adventure, Golden is the Place for Year-Round Fun!
Mark your calendar for year-round fun in Golden in 2020. No matter what brings you to Golden, you’re sure to find a friendly, small town atmosphere celebrating the season. Here’s an overview of major festivals and fun and you can find a full listing of all Golden events at visitgolden.com/events-all.
- Ullrgrass Music & Beer Festival, January 24-26, Named one of Colorado’s top ten outdoor festivals by Westword, UllrGrass Music & Beer Festival features bluegrass artists from Nashville to Colorado. Festival-goers dress in Viking regalia to celebrate the Norse God of Winter, bluegrass music and craft beer. This family-friendly event features games and activities for kids, an Ullr-egg hunt, Ullr costume parade and a variety of tasty treats from on-site food trucks. For tickets, information, and the music lineup, visit UllrGrass.com.
- Golden Restaurant Week, January 31 – February 9, Celebrate Golden's dining scene and magnificent holiday light display during this annual 10-day event. Go for a stroll through downtown or stop in to one of Golden's distilleries to try a fancy cocktail or special before enjoying a meal at one of Golden's fabulous restaurants. Participating restaurants, breweries, and distilleries will be offering specials each day.
- The Colorado Environmental Film Festival, February 20 – 23, (CEFF) is a celebration of the inspirational, educational, and motivational power of film. Both local and national, short and feature length films will be shown. Audiences have the opportunity to be more than passive viewers – they will leave inspired, surprised, motivated, entertained, and transformed through events that will involve both filmmakers and audience members in thought-provoking dialogues and filmmaker forums.
- Taste of Golden, April 6. The Golden Chamber puts on a fun night of sampling local bites and sips from Golden restaurants, distilleries, breweries and sweet shops at the Buffalo Rose Event Center. Be sure to buy your ticket in advance – this event always sells out.
- Colorado School of Mines E-Days, April 17-19. Since 1934, Mines students have put aside studying each spring to celebrate Engineering Days (E-Days) and honor CSM’s unique traditions with cardboard boat races on Clear Creek, a concert, a Tesla coil demonstration, fireworks and more.
- The Wright, April 29 – May 1. Inspired by hard working, independent-minded men and women of the Rocky Mountain Region, The Wright brings 3 days of discussions, workshops, keynotes and events all culminating in the high-energy, much-anticipated Award Night program. Throughout Golden.
- Golden Farmer’s Market , Saturdays, June 6 – October 3. Featuring farm-fresh produce, gourmet cuisine, refreshing beverages and local vendors and entertainment, the Golden Farmer’s Market is held in the Golden Public Library’s West Parking Lot at 10th & Illinois.
- ARTSWEEK GOLDEN, July 6-12. This a week-long celebration of the arts orchestrated by Foothills Art Center in partnership with Golden arts-oriented organizations provides 168 hours of art! All week long, visit Golden for pop-up art installations, plein air sessions, kids activities and a juried weekend arts festival.
- Buffalo Bill Days, July 23 – 26. Thousands of people fill the streets of Golden for Buffalo Bill Days. Catch Cody's Wild West, the popular parade, mutton busting, live music, an orphan car and a classic car show, a golf tournament, food and merchandise vendors and, of course, Buffalo Bill and Annie Oakley!
- The Golden Fine Arts Festival, August 15 & 16. A Golden icon for nearly three decades, Golden Fine Arts Festival is a prestigious juried art show located in the heart of historic downtown Golden, Colorado. With free admission to the public, this premier event draws over 35,000 visitors over 2 days to enjoy art, live entertainment, beer and wine gardens, food vendors, and children’s activities. The event is limited to 136 artist booth spaces. Artists are selected through a competitive jury and traditionally, over half of participating Artists travel to Golden from outside of Colorado.
- Golden’s Sidewalk Sale, September 19. Golden is home to a variety of mostly locally owned shops and galleries. Merchants will set out deep discounts all throughout Golden, from local fashions to great deals on outdoor gear. Bargain hunters get ready to “strike gold” with the deals in Golden!
- Knock Your Boots Off Chili Cook-off & Beer Tasting - October 11. A Golden tradition, the Knock Your Boots Off Chili Cook-Off and Beer Tasting is presented by Golden Chamber of Commerce and Coors Distributing Company and includes free samples from over 30 chili competitors, 90 different beers and fun.
- Holiday Art Market at Foothills Art Center, Nov. 21 – Dec, 31. Golden’s beloved annual Holiday Art Market (HART) at Foothills Art Center features the creations of over 100 local Colorado artists working in the highest standards of handcraft, including fine ceramics, fiber, glass work, jewelry, paintings, woodworking, photography, holiday items, and more. HART is a “cool” holiday art market and an ideal shopping destination for unique gifts.
- Small Business Saturday, November 28. Shop and dine in Golden on Small Business Saturday to support our incredible local merchants. With plenty of shops from all throughout Golden, holiday shopping will be finished in no time.
- Candlelight Walk & Holiday Fireworks – December 4. Experience the beauty of the season while walking down Washington Avenue, candle in hand, singing holiday carols during Golden’s Candlelight Walk, which offers an authentic way to open the season of lights and ends in a beautiful fireworks display illuminating Clear Creek and downtown Golden. The Walk is free and open to all. Gather at Foothills Art Center– the walk starts promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Olde Golden Christmas Parades – December 5, 12 & 19. Olde Golden Christmas Parades are authentic and historic. Downtown Golden becomes a festive holiday center with traditional decorations and fun family events. The free Olde Golden Christmas Parades on three Saturdays in December start at 11 a.m. with cowboys on horses, floats, old cars, elves, the Grinch in his Corvette, and of course, Santa Claus.
For a complete list of events, activities, hikes, bike rides, restaurant and shopping opportunities, go to: www.visitgolden.com